Honoring Great Dads on Father's Day
As A CPA, I have the unique opportunity to peer into many different types of businesses that are run in unique ways, by extraordinary people. As a result, I have had the honor of being the CPA for some wonderful men. Men who are great Dad's.
What I have observed is being a great Dad is not easy. Wonderful father's are providers, teachers, counselors, judge and jury, protectors, and source of stability in an ever changing world.
- Go to as many functions their children are involved as they can possibly attend.
- Work hard to support their families and make sure their children have what they need.
- Listen to their children and encourage them to greatness.
- Discipline their wrong doings and correct them with stern but fair reproach and sometimes with a swift "kick in the butt" if need be.
- Spend time with their kids even when they are tired from a long day at work and have time to hear them out when they need advice.
- Always proud of their kids' successes and brag about them.
- Worry about their foolishness and worry about their future.
- Glad when they hear their kids laugh and see them happy.
- Consider their children before themselves.
- Gives freely to their children all of his knowledge, wisdom and wise counsel.
So to all of the Great Dad's who are reading this, congratulations. You have made a difference in the world. I am proud of you and I know your children are honored to have you in their lives. You men are the true every day heroes of our society.
To my Great Dad, I say Happy Father's Day and thanks for all you have done for me.
Wishing all of you Father's a Happy Father's Day!